Monday, September 5

Curious and a bit of Frisky

Curious is not your average cat.

He eats and drinks for comfort, seeks attention when he's not sleeping or lounging, and "mows" instead of meowing.

Curious cannot be bothered. If the garbage truck comes for collection, I vacuum the floors, I disrupt his sleep by petting him, or he simply wakes up from a nap: he needs to eat.

You can start a conversation with Curious, just say "Meow". Look at him in the face and wait a few minutes, then he will respond with his "mow" that sound like "ow" with an M. Sometimes he'll snap at you and instead of a "mow" he says "ma", which is close to "mat" just without the T.

I'm a little out of order, but Curious mostly seeks attention from me. We brought home Curious and Frisky when my sister and I were about 6 and 9, respectively. Curious was my sister Nancy's cat and Frisky was my cat. Now that Nancy is away at UC Davis, Curious sees me as his mom. If I stay downstairs he doesn't like it. We have a dog, Roxy, downstairs. We, my family, haven't been able to get the three of them to coexist. So, Curious and Frisky stay upstairs, mostly in my bedroom. We keep a baby gate at the top of the stairs to prevent Curious from going down. One day I almost died when I spotted Curious laying on the cool tiles downstairs. Frisky would never wander downstairs, he is a bit scared. Frisky only trusts me. Frisky only ventures out of my bedroom, IF he feels that the "coast is clear" and then he slowly creeps past the staircase and if so inclined saunters over to the sliding glass doors in the master bedroom. They both like to look outside, however, there's only a peachy-cream stucco wall to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, California, United States

Powered by Blogger