Saturday, September 18

I Don't Want To Stop Reading

I've been reading the book King of Foxes by Raymond E. Feist. Recently I joined the fan e-mail list for Feist.

It's already been quite exciting, because the author has replied to more than one e-mail. I haven't sent any e-mails yet, though.

I've been using gmail from google for the e-mail. The e-mail messages are shown in like a forum post sort of form, but I'm not sure if that's because of gmail or because it's a fan e-mail group.

But back to the book, his books read at such a fast pace. Well you either want to sit down and read a whole lot, or you feel like you don't want to read the book, because you don't want the book to end.

I think one aspect I like of Feist's work, is that I forget that I'm a female in this world and for a bit of time I get to experience this other world. A world with magic, and other creatures. But as well it takes place more at about the 1600s or so, like most science-fiction of this genre do. And there are soldiers and various types of duels. It's almost enough to make me want to take up fencing lessons.

When I read Feist's work, I don't just read the book, I sit down with a big concise dictionary. I've actually already had to turn to the web for a word definition, since it was not in my huge dictionary. I look up a word when I'm not sure what it means. Maybe it even seems familiar, but I'll look it up. For what it's worth maybe about 20% of the words are ....well usefull is not quite the right word. But you'll understand what I mean, since the other 80% are mostly arcane words.

On a different note, my mood for the last week has been rather...moody. Well like I had set down my dinner where I decided I wanted to eat and somehow my sister didn't notice it and she took my place. Well I didn't do anything really about it, I moved my "place", but I just felt like I wanted to smash something, make a big crashing sound of my anger.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually run in fear from Amy. I swear, she can get angrier than Mr. T without his milk!

- MDC

Fri Sep 24, 09:38:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, California, United States

Powered by Blogger